A Tampa Bay Times investigation last year found that Florida’s “stand your ground” law is being used in ways never imagined — to free violent attackers whose self-defense claims seem questionable at best: gang members involved in shootouts, drug dealers beefing with clients and people who shot their victims in the back.
- Examining The Foundation Of ‘Stand Your Ground’ Laws (npr.org)
- “Perils of ‘stand your ground'” (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Weatherford: Questions about ‘Stand Your Ground’ should be answered (TBO.com)
- ALEC Pushed Stand Your Ground Laws in Dozens of States (blogs.lawyers.com)
- The Dream Defenders Take Over Florida Episode 3: Watch These Emotional Stand Your Ground Testimonies (VIDEO) (globalgrind.com)