With growing opposition to stand-your-ground laws around the state, the city council of Cincinnati on yesterday unanimously passed a resolution opposing Ohio’s proposed stand-your-ground law.
The Ohio bill (HB203) would expand the circumstances in which a person has no duty to retreat from a threatening situation before using force in self-defense, and also ease restrictions on permits to carry concealed weapons.
In Cleveland, a group of Cleveland, Ohio clergy and community leaders are collecting signatures in opposition to HB203.
According to citybeats.com, Dayton, Canton and Toledo, Ohio already are expected to follow Cincinnati’s lead.
- Does Your State Have A Stand Your Ground Law? (endstandyourground.wordpress.com)
- “We Don’t Want That Law Here” (theobamacrat.com)
- Legislature Tries to Bring “Stand Your Ground” to Ohio (asohiogoes.wordpress.com)
- UN experts urge U.S. to examine stand your ground laws (endstandyourground.wordpress.com)
- Michigan Cities Call For Repeal Of Stand-Your-Ground (endstandyourground.wordpress.com)