In an interview with Melissa Ross on WJCT News First Coast Connect, Ron Davis, father of Jordan Davis, the 17 year-old killed at a Florida gas station 10 months ago, slams stand-your-ground laws and Michael Dunn, the man who committed the crime. The trial has been delayed until early next year.
The grieving father said he believes the “victim should have a say, and stand-your-ground does not give the victim a say”. He talks about his son Jordan, the incident, and the accused shooter, Dunn, who he depicted as a bitter “coward”.
Davis, who states he is firmly against the SYG law, said that, like most people, he “didn’t even know about the stand-your-ground statute until Trayvon Martin‘s death”. He emphasized that he is not against guns and lawful gun owners but wants to make sure irresponsible gun owners cannot hide behind stand-your-ground.
- Video On YouTube: Florida Stand Your Ground Victims (endstandyourground.wordpress.com)
- Murder trial in Jordan Davis killing delayed until next year (jacksonville.com)
- Loud music shooting trial delayed to next year (miamiherald.com)
- Florida Panel Concedes Stand-Your-Ground Needs Change (endstandyourground.wordpress.com)
- NRA Shoots Down Sarasota, Florida Opposition To Stand-Your-Ground (endstandyourground.wordpress.com)